POLIS's Development Strategy is widely discussed by the management authorities and bodies. Based on the article 11/8a) of the Statute the Development Strategy is approved by the Board of Founders; as well as discussed and approved by Academic Senate. According to the Statute Development Strategy is drafted and discussed in faculty level.
The strategy defines appropriate objectives and expected outcomes based on its mission as a private and laic higher education institution of a didactic, scientific and innovative nature.
The Internalization is a primary objective of POLIS University and occupies an important and integral part of the institution’s development strategy, which has set clear short-term, mid-term and long-term objectives with regard to the ulterior internationalization of POLIS. We consider the internationalization of our university to be instrumental in achieving the ambition to become a regional platform and reference point in the Balkans and the Adriatic and Ionian region, which constitutes one of the elements of the university’s vision.
POLIS has an extensive network of international partners and partnerships, which we intend to reinforce and enrich further, but our more specific focus is to strengthen the school’s position in the region.
Therefore our aim is:
- To keep working to further increase the share of international staff and students in our partner universities, as well as the share of joint programs or double degrees with international partners;
- Educate professionals able to address the needs of the domestic but also the regional market;
- Increase the mobility of staff and students;
- Actively participate in international projects under the framework of programs such as H2020, Erasmus+, IPA projects, etc;
- Provide education and research of international relevance.
We find that internationalization also plays an important role in the continuous improvement of the quality, through the share of expertise and practices with international partners and well as facing quality evaluation by international standards.
Finally, the internationalization is a crucial objective, embedded in the university’s vision and mission. The latter counts in the fundamental objectives of POLIS mission “To contribute for the internationalization of higher education and science in the country through regional, European and international cooperation.”