POLIS University has committed itself to two important pillars: the Academic Process and the Scientific and Applied Research. Beyond this, POLIS is seriously engaged to the “Innovation” stimulation and is making investments in order to materialize tangible products in two main directions: “Smart Design” and “Spatial and Sustainable Development”. This is the reason why IRD_POLIS_Institute for Research and Development was founded, which has three units specialized for Scientific Research, Applied Research and Information Resource Center.
In addition, IRD_POLIS organizes a “PhD Excellence Program” in collaboration with Ferrara University in Italy, as well as a PostUniversity Master Program, in collaboration with IHS/Erasmus University/Rotterdam (Holland).
In order to contribute for innovation, POLIS is investing in “SUST_Lab – Laboratory of Sustainability & Innovation”, which also includes some collaboration programs with:
- Nitro_Saggio Sicily Lab, Italy (an annual event on “Smart Architecture”);
- MakeLab, LawrenceTechin Detroit, USA;
- An international cooperation on “Smart & Parametric Design”;
Among others, POLIS is working on the establishtment of the “Laboratory of Energy Efficiency”.
- “Laboratory of Environmental Demonstration”; and
- “Laboratory of Professional School Practices’.