In the framework of the course “Architectonic restoration of constructional heritage”, POLIS University and the Swedish organization CHwB, Culture without Borders, have signed a co-operation agreement for the organization during the 2 academic years of 4 workshops for the concrete restoration of four traditional houses under protection, in the center of Gjirokastra city. In the function of preparation of these practical-theoretical workshops, POLIS University organizes the Week of Open Lectures according to the following calendar:
Tirana week (every day at U_POLIS, 17.00 o’clock)
• 06 April 2010 - Dr. Vera Bushati: Comparative Overview of the Albanian architectonic heritage with objects of the time in the world.
• 07 April 2010 - Prof.Dr.Emin Riza: Architectonic and urban ensembles in the medieval cities of Albania.
• 12 April 2010 – 17.00 a’clock Prof.Dr. Neritan Ceka: Archaeology and Prehistory in Albania.
• 12 Prill 2010 - 18.30 a’clock Prof.Dr. Ark. Ze'ev Druckman: The Moment Architecture is Created
• 13 April 2010 – 17.30 a’clock Prof.Dr. Aleksandër Meksi - Albanian church architecture and castles in medievalism.
• 13 April 2010 – 19.00 a’clock Prof.Dr. Ark. David Guggenheim: Utopia Nostalgia and Reality - Making Historical Cities Livable
• 14 April 2010 - Msc. Olsi Lafe: Albanian legislation and policies on cultural heritage. Experiences of MTCYS (Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports)
• 14 April 2010 - Ark. Kristi Andoni: The project of “40 inns” and the project of restoration of inhabited castles in the function of tourism. Experiences of MTCYS.
• 15 April 2010 - Ing. Marita Beci: Chemistry of art works. Applications into restoration.
• 15 April 2010 - Prof.Dr. Valter Shtylla: Heritage of engineering works of art in Albania, and especially in the area of Gjirokaster.
Gjirokastra weak (every day, after 17.00 a’clock)
• 27 April 2010 - Cultural Heritage, Theories of Restoration - Lejla Hadzic, CHwB, regional coordinator
• 28 April 2010 - Surveying techniques. Traditional/contemporary ones - Dick Sandberg, CHwB heritage adviser
• 29 April 2010 - Damage of stones and their repair - Andrew Shepherd, Director of Building Conservation at the Architectural Association School of Architecture, (AASA) London UK
• 29 April 2010 - Historic buildings and environmental thinking - Dick Sandberg, CHwB heritage adviser
• 30 April 2010 - Wood, damages and its conservation - Nihad Cengic, conservator of works of art
• 30 April 2010 - Stone damages and its conservation - Andrew Shepherd, Director of BC at the AASA, London
• 30 April 2010 - Historical houses and their value ” Dick Sandberg, CHwB heritage adviser
• 01 May 2010 - Space syntax Gjirokastra - Henrik Markhede and Gustav Wiren
• 02 Maj 2010 - Gjirokastra as a part of Albanian Heritage” Prof.Dr.Emin Riza
• 02 maj 2010 - Mortars and Plasters in the Masonry, Andrew Shepherd, Director of BC at the AASA, London
• 03 maj 2010 - “Plasters/mortar as background and tool for wall paintings”, Nihad Cengic, conservator of works of art
• 03 maj 2010 – Ark.Sasha Gega: Experiences of architectonic restoration of heritage in Albania.